Saturday, March 17, 2018, 10 am - 2 pm: Women's Spring Trail Day
Join an incredible group of women as we work together to create positive impact to the trail systems of our National Parks. This will be an all-women’s trail event open to all self-identifying women, gender expansive, and non-binary folks ages 12 & up, led by the lady trail builders of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and supported by REI. We will be working on the historic Dipsea Trail, two days after International Women’s Day, and one month before the 100th year anniversary of the first women’s only Dipsea Walk/Run! Please join us for an empowering day of hope, collaboration, dirty hands, and delicious snacks.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- No experience necessary—we provide all the training and tools.
- Bring just yourself, and invite any other women, femmes, or non-bianary and gender expansive folks!
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- Snacks and water are provided by the Golden Gate Trail Crew
- Public transportation, carpooling, biking, and walking are encouraged.