Restoration and Trail Volunteer Programs
Help the One Tam Stewardship team care for the mountain’s plants and animals. Come to a program and help remove weeds to improve wildlife habitat, fight erosion by planting native plants, and beautify our parks!
Mt. Tam’s 200 miles of trails take you from the Pacific Ocean all the way up to its highest peak. These trails need to be maintained to keep hikers, bikers and equestrians safe, and protect the mountain’s habitats. With projects ranging from clearing brush to improving drainage and building bridges, trail work offers a wide array of opportunities for volunteers of any skill level.
We have a variety of volunteer programs for individuals:
- Our One Tam calendar lists upcoming restoration and trails workdays.
- The Marin Municipal Water District hosts trail crew work days, on the first Saturday of the month, and habitat restoration programs on the third Saturday of the month. Click here to learn more about these and other opportunities.
- The Golden Gate Trail Crew works in the Golden Gate National Parks at sites on Mt. Tam and throughout Marin, San Francisco and San Mateo. Workdays are every third Saturday from 9 am–noon.
- The National Park Service and Parks Conservancy host a variety of drop in programs around Mt. Tam.
- Marin County Parks hosts Community Work Days on and around Mt. Tam.
One Tam All-Agency Work Days:
Four times a year, all five One Tam partners host joint work day celebrations. Mark your calendars for the Day of Thanks on November 19, and for the upcoming 2017 work days: Hands on Tam on February 4, Earth Day on April 22 and National Trails Day on June 3. The work days are a great team-building experience for corporate groups, community organizations, youth groups, and schools. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more. View slideshows of our past volunteer events: Mt. Tam Day of Thanks, Hands on Tam Winter Work Day, Earth Day, and National Trails Day.
Looking to help out without getting dirty? We are also looking for help with office projects and community engagement. To learn more, or for general volunteer information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org