Thursday, July 12, 2018, Thursday 10 am-1 pm: Historic Landscape and Facilities Stewardship - Stinson Beach
Become a caretaker of beautiful Stinson Beach! This lengthy stretch of soft white sand makes Stinson Beach one of the best swimming beaches in northern California. On the second Thursday of each month, we are seeking extra hands to help keep Stinson Beach safe and beautiful for all who visit. Projects include sweeping walkways, trimming vegetation, litter picking, repainting fixtures, caring for planter boxes and general site beautification.
Volunteer programs take place on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 10:00 am- 1:00 pm. Registration requested but not required.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Central Parking Lot, Stinson Beach, Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.